Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP 770 does not accept the head writes to replace the MK-Y head. When diagnosing the frame, it gives an error 79.04. Tell me what the problem is.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Need a little more info.

Were you changing the printheads when the 79:04 error showed up?  

"When diagnosing the frame..."  what does that mean?

Did you see any other error messages; any related to the printhead changing process?

What does it do when you reboot the printer?  Any error messages then?

The 79:04 is usually related to a software or firmware problem but is very generic and it usually shows up when the printer is confused as to what to do next.  

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
The printer was working finished printing, I turned it off in the morning turned it on, it showed that the print head needs to be replaced. I tried to reinstall it, he completed the installation and wrote ready to work. Replace the print head when trying to print again. I tried to reinstall the head again, but it no longer entered the installation mode, the hours were spinning for about 5 minutes and it showed error 79.03. I updated the firmware to the latest version, bought a new head and installed it. The printer starts checking the heads and immediately returns the heads on write replace the head. I did a test carriage assembly while trying to test the printer knocked out 79.04
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.