Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WIndows 10 PC. Open 24x36 PDF. Attempt to print to T120 Plotter. Open Properties to change the paper size and get "Remote Protocol Procedure Failed" message....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If anyone else is having the same issue I found the solution, it was for a different printer. However, we followed the steps according to the printer we were having issues with and it resolved the problem. I will post a link below to the solution steps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/The-remote-procedure-call-failed-while-installing-th....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Which drivers do yo have installed?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I am assuming you mean specifically the driver for this Plotter and not all printers on the PC. In that case, it appears to be HP DesignJet T120 x64 Type 3. Is that the info you were looking for? I have been googling how to find the printer drivers and just found this info, fingers crossed it is what you were asking for. I learned something! Thanks for that...

HP Recommended

I have tried removing the plotter and reinstalling. Also tried Windows update for the plotter driver. Neither have helped with the error message.

HP Recommended

If anyone else is having the same issue I found the solution, it was for a different printer. However, we followed the steps according to the printer we were having issues with and it resolved the problem. I will post a link below to the solution steps:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/The-remote-procedure-call-failed-while-installing-th....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.