Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-17-2022 04:17 PM
Here are HP's recommended troubleshooting steps
In addition to what is below, make sure to completely purge the print spooler on your computer
Front panel displays 79:04 at Start-up
- Reboot the printer twice. If the System error has been caused by a job because its in an incorrect format, rebooting twice will clear the error (the first time after reboot, the printer will attempt to print the job again, and this will cause the error to re-appear). If rebooting the printer twice solves the issue, then it is an issue related to the job and you should refer to page 2, Job related SE79:04.
- Upgrade the printer’s firmware. Even if the currently installed firmware version is the latest one, re-install it. Since the printer cannot start normally, you will need to upgrade the firmware while booting the printer in Diagnostics Boot Mode. For this, a special file and a special upgrade process will be needed.
- Disconnect the network cable and restart the printer. If this solves the problem, then it is a network related 79:04 and you should follow the guidelines for this type of 79:04.
- Remove all cartridges, printheads and printhead cleaners (if available). Unload the media. Restart the printer. If the printer can start normally, insert the consumables one by one until you isolate the one that is causing the error. Do NOT insert any of the replaced consumables in another printer
- Restart the printer in Diagnostics Boot Mode and perform the “Electronics test”. If an electronic component is identified as faulty, replace it.
- Restart the printer in Diagnostics Boot Mode and Reset the EEROM. If the issue is solved by this, this is a data related 79:04 system error and you should follow the guidelines, refer to page 3, Data related SE79:04.
- If the unit has been used for some time and suddenly has started to show this behavior, replace the Hard Disk Drive (it may be included with the Formatter in some models).
- If the issue is new and the issue happens since the first boot, do NOT replace the HDD.
- 8If none of the previous steps solved the issue, escalate the issue with the following information:
- Unit information: S/N, P/N, accessories
- Conditions where the problem occurs and conditions prior to the first occurrence of the problem
- The results of the previous 8 steps
- The System Error detailed information (this can be obtained by pressing CANCEL + Down)
- The printer logs. In order to obtain the printer logs, check the corresponding appendix.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.
11-17-2022 10:34 PM
Thanks for your reply...we have the luxury of another T610..so we put the formatter/hdd from the problem machine into our second machine..and it works without a hitch...so not sure where to go now...as stated all of the inks/heads/paper network cable have been removed..and what happens is that it starts to initialise but before any of the internal part start to move it errors 79:04..
12-08-2022 08:42 PM
An update for anyone interested...we got past the initial issue by replacing the mainboard...however now during initialising it comes up with error 86:01...diagnostic test fails with media drive 97:08...anyone seen this before?..so we are still stuck!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community