Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z3200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently ran a diagnostic print on my Z3200, which had not been used for a while, and found that the E, G and MK inks were not printing, despite several head cleans. I replaced the E/G and MK/R Printhead, and this brought the E and G inks back, but the PK is still not printing.

When I try to do a printhead calibration, it stops part way through, and says the alignment has been cancelled because of a scanner problem. 

Has anyone come across this fault before, and can suggest a solution?

Thanks 

Peter 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It's not possible to successfully complete calibration if one of the colours isn't printing. The calibration process probably fails when the PK needs to be scanned.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks, can you suggest any way of getting the PK ink to print? Replacing the printhead has not helped.

Peter 

HP Recommended

Maybe you have air in PK ink deliver tube, maybe the PK printhead is defective serveral reasons can cause printhead not to print.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I have tried two different printheads, but I guess they could both be faulty. Does anyone know where I could get hold of a Z3200 printhead priming tool in the UK, to try removing any air from the line?

HP Recommended

Not in the UK but this one works great:

https://www.lpscomputer.com/products/designjet-ink-tube-priming-tool

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Yes, but $56 shipping to UK! 😕

HP Recommended

Yes but but it might give you something to go on when you search somewhere in the UK.  At least you'll know what you're looking for.  I know there's several repair places in the UK that sell parts and service for Designjets.  I've purchased some power supplies from a seller in the UK a few years back.  

I don't think this is an official HP tool.  I think LPS has them specially made for them.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.