Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I've been faced with a gosted printout on all colours with our HP Z6200 and have no clue what else to do. These are the things we've already done without any success:

- changing PH's

- PH alignment

- scan axis calibration

- encoder strip cleaned,

- encoder sensor cleaned

- line sensor cleaned

Are there any other ideas???

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

its most likely your fuser causing the issue.  inspect your fuser be careful its very hot usually 

HP Recommended

Are there fusers on ink jet printers?  I thought that was only on laserjet printers.

To the OP:  Have you tried any internal prints to see if the ghosting shows up there also?  That would eliminate the file/computer/software as a potential problem.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

@D Hook: thanks for you reply. Yes, it could also be seen on internal printouts like head alignment very clearly. 

HP Recommended

Would it be possible to attach a photo of a print showing the problem?  Just to be sure we're thinking of the same thing when you say shadows/ghosting.

Thanks...

HP Recommended

Also, the service manual (https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%20Z6200.pdf) speaks to the ghosting problem on page 182 and says it should be remedied by a firmware update.  Might want to check out the manual and see if it's the same problem.  I think the latest firmware should be available on the HP website.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.