Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z6800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning fellow HPers, 

I've recently developed a paper advance issue on my HP Z6800, every time I load a roll of media, the advance goes off and over prints by a few mm's. For example, a 400x300mm print comes out at 400x305mm which not only skews the image but also results in everything being blurry. At the moment I can correct this by doing a Paper Advance Calibration, but that's wasting time and media for me and sometimes I'll either burn an entire roll or two in a day, or sometimes have to bounce between paper, canvas and sticker in a single day. 

Could it be a busted sensor somewhere? I've been using this printer for about 3 years now and I've never had this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Greg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here's a link to the Z6200 service manual.  Much of the troubleshooting info should be the same as the Z6800 as far as how to access the calibration and utilities menu to test sensors.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1083/1086/files/Z6200_service_manual.pdf?9878984334271461826

Is it showing any codes?

Could be the Optical Media Advance Sensor (OMAS) is failing.  That's where I guess I'd start if I was troubleshooting the printer.

I once had a printer that was skipping the media ahead every three inches because the factory put too much grease on a gear and it was getting smudged onto the encoder disk.  So it could be a few different issues.  The manual will show you how to get into the diagnostic menu and run some tests to try to narrow it down.

Let us know what you find.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.