Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 210
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear All,

I have met with a strange problem. Sometimes after I install Onyx 11, the Latex 210 printer will cut off the media automatically after printing. But sometimes when I re-install due to some reason, it won't cut off automatically. I can' t find the switch for this function. Anyone can show me the light letting me know where it is or at least pointing me to the right direction so I can find it?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Claude

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Not sure the driver you are using, but most times if you go to preferences the cutter option will be located under the paper/quality tab or layout/output tab. It usually has the title of roll options. Good Luck.

HP Recommended

Go on printer preferences on printer panel and swicht on cutter

if you can go on service mode and check cutter functionability just to find if it is working correctly

If you can go to menu then to service utilities and then to cutter and calibrate it

Good luck

Marco from computeck

HP Recommended
Hi.
The printer's built-in cutter can
cut the substrate automatically
between each print.
You can disable the cutter in the following cases:
●You want to increase the speed of printing.
●You want to use the take-up reel.
●You want to cut the substrate manually.
●The leading edge of the substrate tends to curl and cause
substrate jams.
In some cases, the cutter is automatically disabled.
Now if you have issue with automatic cutter you must to do following.
Go the factory setting in this case the cutter is on.

you should know that with some sustrate the cutter will be disable.
I hope this helps.
Best regards.
HP Recommended

In Onyx, there is also an overide to turn the cutter on and off.

Not exaxctly sure where to find it without searching myself.

Good Luck,

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.