Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2500 PostScript
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

How do keep the roll 2 that is Photo Paper being printed on if the printer runs out of roll 1 that is Heavyweight coated paper. If I'm running multiple posters on the heavywieght coated and roll 1 runs out the printer automatically selects roll 2 and continues to print the job on the photo paper. I would like to set the printer to stop switching to the other roll so it stops printing until the stock that it was qued to is loaded with a new roll. I do'nt see that in printer setting. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not entirely sure where to find it but if you navigate through the menu you should find something called Roll Protection.

When set you should only be able to print on that roll, when the exact paper type and roll # are chosen in the print driver.

Good Luck,

Roy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not entirely sure where to find it but if you navigate through the menu you should find something called Roll Protection.

When set you should only be able to print on that roll, when the exact paper type and roll # are chosen in the print driver.

Good Luck,

Roy

HP Recommended

Hi,

1- Go to the Printer Embedded Web Server > Setup > Paper Missmatch Action > Put Job on Hold

2- Select the paper type at the driver when printing. Or,set the paper source.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.