Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I have read the service manual for the Designjet Z3100. It gives no information at all about how to remove the front cover. I need to remove the left cover to remove the electronics board, and replace a whining power supply fan. The service manual states that I can access a single screw near the bottom left HS of the front cover that holds the Left Cover in place. But there is a square shaped black plastic protrusion there that obscures  and prevents a ccess to where the screw should be.. something that is not even shown, let alone mentioned in the service manual instructions.  Anyone know how to remove the front cover and that square shaped protrusion to get to that screw?? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

6-17 of the service manual shows how to remove the front cover. Once the front cover is removed you can access the screw directly.

3100 front cover.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks.You're right.  I found it 2nd time around.  But the description and instructions given for removing the front cover do not actually apply for the 24" Z3100 photo printer.  There are other serious discrepancies for removal of the left side cover as well.  The most correct instructions I've found are posted on Youtube by Cigar Obsession as, HP Z3100 24 Inch Printer Rubber Drive Belt Replacement Kit Installation.. 4-5 minutes in. There are 3 release tabs, not four.. And they are not  simple to identify. One really needs this video tutorial.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.