Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp Designjet 4000

Hi Guys , I’ve into this issue now as my HP Designjet 4000 is asking for Setup Printhead which I’ve read up so many asking to use scotch tape the printhead in the machine and put it back to trick the machine which I did but still fail .. still asking for setup printhead.. Guys need help anyone when thru this problem and got out from it without purchasing the setup printhead which is costly.. HELP !! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello.

I am sorry but the only way that You can solve the issue is buying setup printhead. In ebay cost $83.

Regard.

HP Recommended

Hey there , I’ve manage to solved this issue by putting in the setup printhead . Where I actually used my old Designjet 500 Setup Printhead and put it into my Designjet 4000. It worked !! It only needed 4 setup printhead for all the 4 colours at the top .. where the bottom printheads I’ve attached scotch tape at the back of the printhead and put it back in. Now working perfectly fine ! Thanks 🙏🏼

HP Recommended

Hello.

I'm glad you solved the matter. Nice job. I want to ask you. Did you put the 500 setup printheads used in the 4000?.

HP Recommended

Yes I’ve used the Designjet 500 series Setup Printhead into the Designjet 4000 series.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.