Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a client who is trying to print posters made in Microsoft Publisher from this printer but everytime it goes to print, the pages are completely blank. Although, the test pages are working just fine. Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the below instructio, I think it will help to you. Now I am using on HP DesignJet T795 Printer but all settings are same for the other's printers.

1. At first create a new page on Microsoft Publisher.

1.jpg

2. Make a design on the page

2.jpg

3. Goto Print Command

4. Select the printer and goto Printer properties

3.jpg

5. Select the customer paper size (if require) and save it under Paper/Quality.

4A.jpg

6. Then goto Layout/Output (If you aren't select it, printer didn't given actual printout as well your requirement.) and select Fit to as you previous create custom paper size or you select the paper size under paper/quality.

N.B: One think, "Remove Blank Area" and "Remove Margins Between Pages" both of depnads on paper size. If you are select/use A4/A3/A1/A0 which is not supported with your custom paper size and printer can printer on poster size.

5.jpg

7. You have seen original paper which is you have make on customer paper size. And goto Print Preview.

7.jpg

8.jpg

8. If you are select different paper which is not adjust with document, it will printed on different type. Please noted the below snap.

9.jpg

10.jpg

I thnk this topics will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

To make it easy for the user, ask to save the file as PDF and print from Adobe reader

To print from Publisher you have to make sure

- They setup the layout on Publiser correctly to the page size they want to print

- The content is within the page size

- The margins are set correctly

Most people work the the projects without thinking on how it will look on the paper, when this should be the first step.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the below instructio, I think it will help to you. Now I am using on HP DesignJet T795 Printer but all settings are same for the other's printers.

1. At first create a new page on Microsoft Publisher.

1.jpg

2. Make a design on the page

2.jpg

3. Goto Print Command

4. Select the printer and goto Printer properties

3.jpg

5. Select the customer paper size (if require) and save it under Paper/Quality.

4A.jpg

6. Then goto Layout/Output (If you aren't select it, printer didn't given actual printout as well your requirement.) and select Fit to as you previous create custom paper size or you select the paper size under paper/quality.

N.B: One think, "Remove Blank Area" and "Remove Margins Between Pages" both of depnads on paper size. If you are select/use A4/A3/A1/A0 which is not supported with your custom paper size and printer can printer on poster size.

5.jpg

7. You have seen original paper which is you have make on customer paper size. And goto Print Preview.

7.jpg

8.jpg

8. If you are select different paper which is not adjust with document, it will printed on different type. Please noted the below snap.

9.jpg

10.jpg

I thnk this topics will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.