Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet t520
Linux

Hi all,

I am looking for a Linux driver to run our Design jet T520 on our company wide Mint 18.3 (Ubuntu derivative) OS. There is not one available in HPLIP which is disappointing. Does anyone know of one that might serve please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

No not really (are there similarities to the T120)...

DesignJet T120 and T520 Printer Series Firmware Upgrade Procedure

PDF Guide0.3 MBNov 15, 2017Download

Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series (Rev A) Firmware

AXP2CN1809AR24.8 MBMar 14, 2018Download

Designjet T120 and  T520 ePrinter Series (Rev B/C) Firmware

APP2CN1809AR24.8 MBMar 14, 2018Download

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

No not really (are there similarities to the T120)...

DesignJet T120 and T520 Printer Series Firmware Upgrade Procedure

PDF Guide0.3 MBNov 15, 2017Download

Designjet T120 and T520 ePrinter Series (Rev A) Firmware

AXP2CN1809AR24.8 MBMar 14, 2018Download

Designjet T120 and  T520 ePrinter Series (Rev B/C) Firmware

APP2CN1809AR24.8 MBMar 14, 2018Download
HP Recommended

I am not sure the right one or not. Found it on HP website :

Try it on your Linux, maybe work.... or change operating system to Linux

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-designjet-t520-Printer-series/5263079/model/5263...

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried the T120 driver and it seems to work fine – at least on A3 and A4. Cannot try anything bigger at present as no stock. However, I do not see any reason why there should be a problem with full size paper. Thank you for your very prompt reply and help.

Al

HP Recommended

Prego.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I had seen that page but all the options seem to refer to firmware upgrades rather than drivers although perhaps that is terminology rather than fact. In any case, using the T120 driver seems to have worked. Thank you for taking the trouble to look up the driver page and replying. It was vary kind of you.

Al

HP Recommended

if printer can print small sizes, then use  CUSTOM    option to define any of your larger prints, no limitation, as long as not excede the width of your printer...

you gave wrong KUDO to me &  I did not deserve it,    remove it if possible..

HP Recommended

Hi

You got one because you gave a good answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.