Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Officejet 7610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our company is standarizing on Arch B 12x18 paper. The Officejet 7610 would not print to 12x18. Tried a number of fixes and finally found a forum post that said to install the Deskjet 9800 driver. I can now print on Arch B paper but I CANNOT print in color within any software (Autocad, Vectorworks, Excel, Word, Acrobat etc). Please advise if there is another workaround that will let me print in color and have the option of Arch B. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jkuryla, Thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after troubleshooting.

Please perform factory defaults on your printer and check if it helps.

1. Touch (Right arrow), and then touch Setup.
2. Touch Tools, and then touch Restore Factory Defaults.

If the issue still persists, please contact HP support, So they can take remote of your PC and perform extensive troubleshooting.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jkuryla, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that your printer will not print on 12X18 size paper.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please uninstall the printer software from control panel under programs.

And install the full feature printer software from this link.

Also, try the steps mentioned below to change settings to color.

Open the document that you want to print. Click File, and then click Print.
The Print window opens.
Click the option that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer setup, Printer, or Preferences.
Select the print settings to select the color from the list.

Refer this document to know more about changing Print Settings.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No this didn't help at all. I installed this driver 2 weeks ago when we determined that the current driver does not offer the Arch B as an option. Then I uninstalled this driver and installed the basic driver and still no option to print on Arch B. I have created new forms with 12x18 paper dimensions in print server properties but these new forms are still not available when we go to print, although they show up as available in the print server form listing after I create them. Then I found a similar problem on a forum  and decided to try that work around. I installed the windows 10 driver for the HP deskjet 9800 which I downloaded from the HP site. After installing this driver for my HP7610 printer the Arch B is an option which is great but this driver does not print in color no matter what color options I choose.  The print preferences is showing that it's printing in color but the document prints in grayscale. The bottom line is ANY HP7610 driver for our Windows 10 or Windows 8 environment does not allow me to print on 12x18 nor does it offer me the custom forms that I create in control panel. The youtube video link you sent me is a little insulting.

HP Recommended

@jkuryla, thanks for your quick response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Have you tried printing a test page using a regular paper instead of custom paper and is your printer printing color?

Also, try printing a print diagnostic page from the printer.

Load plain white paper into the input tray.
On the printer control panel, touch the Right arrow (), and then touch Reports.
From the Reports menu, touch Print Quality Report. The test page prints.

Check your printer is able to print color on the print diagnostics.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

Also, try adding an additional printer with the 7000 drivers, select the same port as the 7500 uses.   You will then have two printers (or more...) in your Devices and Printers folder, you can use the 7000 printer as needed for custom sizes.

I'll watch your reply! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
This workaround did not correct the problem of printing in color on arch b paper. Hp needs to fix the problem of not being able to access a new form that I create in the print server properties.
HP Recommended

@jkuryla, Thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after troubleshooting.

Please perform factory defaults on your printer and check if it helps.

1. Touch (Right arrow), and then touch Setup.
2. Touch Tools, and then touch Restore Factory Defaults.

If the issue still persists, please contact HP support, So they can take remote of your PC and perform extensive troubleshooting.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I reset the printer, deleted all 7610 drivers and installed the officejet 7510 driver on 3 pcs. So far the arch B, color on all sizes are all working.
HP Recommended

Hi! @jkuryla, Thanks for your response and time.

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.