Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 110 plus nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Designjet 110 plus nr:

I've tried reloading the paper several times now. It keeps spitting out around 2 metres at a time with the flashing icon 1.png. Covered in the service manual https://shared.swissparts.ch/Manuals/HP/Plotter/HP%20Designjet%2030-111.pdf from 81.01. It's not showing an error code number; only the flashing icon.

It was not caused by a paper jam, last used it a week ago to print something. The flashing icon appeared today which from the service manual it seems bad, the manual states it could be almost every part :LaughingTears:.

It will print when loading A3 media from the front tray which gives me hope.

Tried Already:

• Disconnecting power supply from lead when printer still on;
  • Paper is fine; as spec'd - brand new roll;
  • Connecting to computer via USB - printing A3 via flat tray fine;

Already Known Faults:

• I should mention that it prints 3 calibration pages upon start-up; indicating incorrect print head alignment, but it prints fine after this;
  • The auto roll feeder at the back (I think that's what it's called) has no green light, or any coloured light. I'm wondering if this is not helping. Youtube video shows that failing of this roll feeder is common. Also I think this is hindering me when I'm trying to roll paper back. The manual states that pressing the button on the roll feeder should release tension & I should then be able to roll back the 20m sitting on the floor.

I considered arranging a technician to visit, but I would imagine that it would be replace the auto roll feeder, printheads & print assembly unit, where I may as well buy a new plotter for under £600.

Has anyone out there experienced this predicament?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

OMG, OMG, I just managed to do an A1 print from a roll. I spent a whole day on this yesterday so please don't think I haven't tried as I seemed to solved this 10 mins after posting.

It has printed an A1 sheet, then the flashing icon appears again around near the end of the print, it then spits out another couple of metres and doesn't cut it.

HP Recommended

Strange, it must be some sort of hardware issue.

• It starts up;
  • Ejects 2/3 m;
  • Flashes icon;

I'm pressing all sorts of combinations, sometimes the tick rolls back the roll and prints a test, or just rolls back a few metres on the roll. Sometimes the X ejects a few metres more.

HP Recommended

Did you manage to solve this!? I picked up this printer and it's doing the same thing. I've wasted 10-20m of a brand new roll trying to solve this!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.