Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print to my HP designjet T120 but it keeps coming up with an paper mismatch error code. "drawingname requires to be printed on 593mm but the printer is currently using 421mm. Please choose among these options. Change paper, Print anyway, Cancel Job"

The software error that comes up in HP designjet utility is "paper width selection in your application does not match the width of the paper loaded in the printer". This is obviously extremely unhelpful. It's obviously not the same size. It's a PDF document. No advice on how to fix it. Just that it is. 

If you select print anyway you get part of the drawing printed that fits A2 paper. That is it appears that it is NOT scaling the output from PDF to the printer. I am printing out of Adobe PDF. 

The PDF page size is A0 and A2 is loaded in the printer. I have adjusted the paper size to A2, I have tried Auto, Portrait, Landscape. Same error. I have tried using the "Fit" and it looks fine in the print preview box but same error. I have reduced the size manually to 50% same error. I have used shrink to fit. I have created a custom paper size. I have uninstalled and re-installed (3 times). I have checked firmware. All good. I have tried printing drawings that are formatted for A3. Same error message with the same dimensions. No idea how this can be possible when the drawing is smaller than the paper.

I have tried printing from other programs such as Visio or Chrome or Edge. Same error message. It is simply will not print onto the A2 paper. The same drawing will print fine onto the normal desk printer in A4. Just shrinks it like it should. 

This printer used to work fine. Something has changed with a Windows update, HP update, something but I have no idea what and I have tried for hours to fix it. I have read every forum on this and they are years old and every solution in there I have tried hence the new thread. I haven't used the printer for a while probably six months. I haven't needed it in the Covid world, but now I need it and it doesn't work. Perhaps it's just broken but it feels like a software issue to me. 

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.