Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
MacBook Air
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP Envy 4500, A9T80A, Print queue shows print job 100% complete, but the printer is not printing.  And that is using the HP print drivers.  I switch it over to Airprint, and if I power cycle the printer, I might get one print job to go, but nothing else.  And power cycling the printer does not always work. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer, and it will not reinstall.  It does see the printer, but will not complete the printer setup.  Unless, I power cycle the printer.  

I have contacted print phone support, they had me power cycle the printer and it prints one job, and they say "resolved", have a nice day. Bye Bye.   But it will not print the next document.  Since phone support does not care, I am not excited about restarting the printer every time I need to print.  And HP printer phone support says the printer is healthy, although they cannot access the printer webpage.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dkoeneman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If the printer is connected wirelessly, check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC

• Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Perform a PING test

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.