Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Office jet 7612

I was printing a PDF. One of three pages printed.  Then the printer stopped and displayed Printer Error: Please turn off then on.  I did so and it keeps going to the same message and will not get past this.  I tried unplugging the power and USB cable and it did not change the status.  

When it powers up a quick message with a blue screen pops up for one second then disappears and the Printer Error: Please turn off then on message is displayed.  

The message on the blue screen shows a picture of the power button with B8297118, but like i said that disappears and the Printer Error: Please turn off then on is displayed with blinking control panel lights.   

I have a MAC running El Capitan 10.11.6

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @StevenGeorge

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try a hard reset -

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Download and install the firmware from this link.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita, thank you for your reply.  I tried the hard reset and it did not work, it is where it was as i mentioned in my initial post.  

Printer Error: Please turn off then on.

Do you know any other steps to resolve.

thank you

HP Recommended

@StevenGeorge

Have you tried the firmware update as well? 

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.