Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet Z3200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a continuation of the previous topic which has been closed as "It has been a while since anyone has replied".  However this is very much a live topic (as far as I am concerned!) and my symptoms are the exactly the same as the the other sufferers and no-one has published the definitive solution - yet.

Symptoms are machine goes through lengthy startup routines, 20mins , 14 mins etc and then says all the printheads need to be replaced.  Even if you do this it will do the same thing again: lengthy start up routine, all printheads needs to be replaced ad infinitum.

Running the Service Test for the Carriage Assembly (p 3-37 service manual) gives the same results as others with the same problem in previous threads:

1) Carriage PCA Rev.:  2.313  (Should be between 0.823 and 1.005)

2) Carriage Voltage (+Vs):  32.135  (Should be between 43.6 and 46.3)

3) Carriage Voltage (+Vaux):  5.729  (This is spot on)

4) Pens Voltage (Vpp):  29.153  (This is fine - between 26.5 and 33 volts)

Next I got a 58:10 message saying "The printer's color sensor is not working well.  Color reading operations may fail...."

Then the Carriage Assembly info screen giving:

FW Revision:   V4.080D

Sensor Type:  GE3

Serial Number: 128

Mfg date:         0843

Then ERROR:  58:11

FAIL  DeltaE out of limits.

92.000 > 8

Then the FAIL message and the system shuts down.

In a previous thread Gicleeman, Blue-sky-below and Pbrooks259 all had the same problem and the PCA Rev is always 2.313 (to 3 decimals - what are the chances?!).  Gigleeman had to give up and bought a new printer, Pbrooks found after changing the PCA board that it was a printhead and blue-sky-below has not reported the final result.

Has anyone identified the root cause of this problem and found a solution?  Also what does PCA Rev mean?  Is it a voltage, an error number or what?  And why are the PCA Rev and Vs always the same down to the 3rd decimal (and wrong according to the Service Manual) when this problem exhibits?

Be good to get this one nailed as it keeps on coming up - and I have the problem!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ,

Can you share the full-service plot? via wetransfer

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for picking up this thread.  I cannot reach the normal menu as the machine will not complete its initiation and stops at the replace all the printheads message.  Can I force this print from any of the service menus?

HP Recommended

Would also be interested to know what PCA Rev. is telling us - especially as it seems to read exactly 2.313 when there is this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.