Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I did order it from the HP Parts Store and my order confirmation says it is in stock just like the example you provided. However, when I check the order status, I get this:

Publication4.png

HP Recommended

Why does HP hate its customers so much. I placed an order for this part on 6/15. The acknowledgement I got said it was in stock and would probably ship in 3 or 4 business days. When I check on the order's status, it says that expected shipping date is 9/30. Obviously, I can't wait that long. Thinking the 9/30 date might be an error, I tried to contact HP to get an answer but always get shunted off to the order status page that gives me what I hope is bad information. I need to talk to a human being but can find no way to do that.

Is there a reliable source for this part?

HP Recommended

on the print setting, there is an option to disable    cutter...... disable it & it won't cut.. till you get the new 1. 

HP Recommended

Manually cutting posters until sometime in October is impractical. Doesn't anyone find it unethical that HP advertises the part as being in stock, but after placing the order, they say it won't ship until September 30? This date could be a mistake but I've found no way to get an honest answer about it.

HP Recommended

I found the part from another vendor. It is in an HP box and was made in China on 1 June 2021. There are other items besides the cutter unit. I recognize all of them but CQ890-40162. Can someone tell me what it is used for?

Does CQ890-40332 normally need to replaced? How does one tell that it needs replacement?

HP Recommended

Hi @BadT120 

All you need to replace is the cutter itself, all other parts in the kit are not normally necessary to replace.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks. If I'm not too fumblefingered this should do it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.