Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed one of the printheads and replaced it with a new original HP printhead but the front screen keeps telling me that it's not complete.  It says "restart it"  In not sure what to resart as I followed the instructions.  I took the old one out, shook the new one several times and inserted it, heard the beep and closed the unit.  I did this several times and restarted the plotter several times but it still tells me that the printhead is not installed.

Anyone know why the printhead is not being reconized?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Reseat PH \PH replacement incomplete

Problem Description: Printhead rejection issue

The possible cause could be: cartridges level and faulty printhead

Corrective Action:

1. Make sure cartridge levels are above 40% while replacing printhead

2. Remove all the cartridges from the plotter and printhead.

3. Turn on the plotter without cartridges and printhead, if it gives message as: missing printhead first install all the cartridges one by one and then continue with printhead replacement.

4. When it gives message : missing printhead, make sure cartridges are inserted first and then printhead for the replacement to be completed successfully

5. After doing all the above steps, if still error persists, try upgrading firmware in the plotter.

6. After Firmware upgradation, follow same steps 1,2, 3 and 4 it should complete the process.

7. If still issue persists, might be printhead has gone faulty, get the printhead replaced from vendor\dealer\HP ARC.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Reseat PH \PH replacement incomplete

Problem Description: Printhead rejection issue

The possible cause could be: cartridges level and faulty printhead

Corrective Action:

1. Make sure cartridge levels are above 40% while replacing printhead

2. Remove all the cartridges from the plotter and printhead.

3. Turn on the plotter without cartridges and printhead, if it gives message as: missing printhead first install all the cartridges one by one and then continue with printhead replacement.

4. When it gives message : missing printhead, make sure cartridges are inserted first and then printhead for the replacement to be completed successfully

5. After doing all the above steps, if still error persists, try upgrading firmware in the plotter.

6. After Firmware upgradation, follow same steps 1,2, 3 and 4 it should complete the process.

7. If still issue persists, might be printhead has gone faulty, get the printhead replaced from vendor\dealer\HP ARC.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.