Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, new to the group.

I just purchased an HP DesignJet T250 24 inch inkjet plotter/printer. Trying to use 24 inch roll paper for printing construction drawing sets.

I can print on single letter size sheets well enough for print test pages, reports, etc. Single sheet at a time.

I have printed some full size sheets, 36" x 24". Had cutting problems, cut the first few pages, then just spit out several pages without cutting between them. And wouldn't cut the last page off.

Now I am trying to print on Arch C size, which would be 24" wide x 18" tall. It would mean cutting the pages at the top or bottom long edge of the paper. Assuming the prints come out rotated so they are "parallel" with the 24" wide roll of paper.

I am using the HP Smart app. The print will come up in the app as a preview. I can do simple things, rotate and scale to the print, but not much else.

If I get the print rotated so the cut edge is on the long edge the page usually comes up as 24" x 24" and the print area is squished off to one side.

Thanks for any help,

Monte

Windows 10, 64 bit

WiFi connection

Latest drivers as far as I could find to download.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Tried HP Click. Worked, sort of. Wouldn't cut each page, but did give cutting lines. 

Still under impressed with this printer/software package. For $1000 it would seem you'd get better results.

Does anyone know if this is a "new" printer, or old and out of date. I thought it was a new, current printer. I hope I didn't buy a brick. Maybe the bugs just haven't been worked out yet. The hardware seems like it can do the job, but I wonder if the software is just buggy as all get out.

Still never cuts the last page. That is weird as heck. I have to manually pull the paper out and slice it off with a knife. What's up with that?

I work out of town all week, no way to call for tech support, unfortunately. There are pay support packages, but they are in person, no way to do that either. I'm just a guy wanting to print some large format drawings for myself.

Monte

HP Recommended

Still no joy.

HP Click gives best results, ability to pick scale, custom page sizes, etc. But give random page cutting. 

Print 3 pages attached, cut the 4th. Print 2 more, cut the next, etc.

Help....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.