Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Did anyone figure this problem out?  My HP Designjet T790 worked one day then the next it had error 59.3:00 followed by error 8:04.  I have gotten no support from HP.  I have not replaced any parts on the machine.  It just quit working.  I did force a firmwear update but had no change in error codes.  This machine is not inexpesive and was bought brand new a few years ago.  It now just collects dust.   Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The only information I can find is that this error occurs when someone uses a part that was in another machine or cloned in another machine in order to attempt to upgrade the postscript of the printer.  You may just be out of luck.

If parts originally installed in another printer, or cloned from another printer are reused in different one, a system error 59.3:xx will be displayed.

This is what I found:

At the start of August 1st , several parts in the printer will include unique identifiers. These identifiers will also be stored in the printer EEROM's.

Purpose of the identifiers

The purpose of this is to prevent illegal upgrades to the Postscript versions by cloning the printer’s EEROM.

In order to enable this new security feature, there will be a new firmware version, IG_02_05_01.3, with the following impact:

• Printers with firmware 2.5 will not be downgradeable

• After installing a new service front panel, an upgrade to firmware 2.5 or higher will be mandatory. System error 08:18 or 08:04.1. will appear asking to upgrade the firmware before being able to continue working with the printer

• When a printer is upgraded to firmware version IG_02_05_01.3 and the HDD is replaced; if the HDD firmware is an older version, an upgrade to firmware 2.5 or higher will be mandatory. System error 08:18 or 08:04.1. will appear asking to upgrade the firmware before being able to continue working with the printer

HP Recommended

Hi,

I found this other post for a T790

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Designjet-T790-ERROR-...

Do you have a T2300 ot T790?

Did you swap parts between these printers?

Have you follow David's recomendations?

When you called HP did they offered you a repair service or a case number?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hello 

You need  to replace the hdd on with is mounted on formatter with a hdd with blank ID then the printer will boot normal

The sell it on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282442416605

HP Recommended

I hope its not too late to post responce but 59.3:00 looks like you license (authorization inside of printer features) is bad or altered. Maybee its related to PS extension if you have it (or purchased as upgarade) or you have put used spare part like media advance encoder or diplay. In some scenario it can be be even defects in internal database of HDD.

Anyway, if you suspect on HDD you can try from diagnostics menu (entered before regular firmware boots in) to perform Hard Disk Recovery and than to perform EEPROM reset (without inks and printheads and take care that paper is out from roll or sheet sensor). If this doesnt get printer to working condition you will have to talk with HP support (not regular service partners but with some higher level in HP for Designjets). I am not sure that you can so easily correct problem with replacing parts (speaking of 59.3:00).

Speaking of 08:04 error, regardless of what service manual says, its sync error between sub-systems and processes (in real time). It can be anything and it is very hard to capture what is generating it since there will not be enough info in printer's logs to lead you in right way to root cause. Guessing can lead you to buy all electronic components of printer - which is moe expensive than to buy a new printer. Sorry, I've have had some very bad experiences with 08:04! 😞 Some time ago on models 500, 800, 5000 etc. we used to have 79:04 error which I see as the same as 08:04 on T series - anything leading in anyway.

P.S. I am not an HP employee and never been. My statements are based on some personal experiences gathered in last decade and half.

HP Recommended

The easiest, and cheapest, fix is to replace the hard disk.

[edit]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.