Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP designjet 1100pS 44
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I replaced my printheads. The plotter also recognises the printheads.

But is does not complete the procedure by its own.

In het instructional video it shows i should hear a sound after placing them.  But i dont  hear any sound so i get stuck in the menu over and over again. I cleaned de receiving pads of the plotter. The printheads are new and original HP.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, 

turn off printer when carriage unit is in the middle of printer 

and take out printhead and inks while printer is turned off

turn on printer when printer ask for printhead and inks 

install in the printer 

90% chance printer will accept print heads let me know how you go

HP Recommended

i'm sorry.

It didn't work. He is still aksing to replace the printheads en gets stuck on trying to complete that. 

HP Recommended

please check firmware may be you have old firmware!

If you dont know how to update the firmware let me know I will  help you .

thanks

HP Recommended

Last days I tryed everything multiple Times. I downloaded the new version firmware and try'd to update through the webacces. But it doesn't work because the plotter is busy trying to replace the printheads.  

I Called HP support . They think it is an electrical problem or the ink-hoses can be stuffed so the ink doesn't reach the printheads. But i find fress ink in the printheads.

Any suggestions how to update the firmware anyway?   

HP Recommended

PS the plotter does not seem to have an USB connection on which i could try a USB stick with firmware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.