Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
t2500 & t920
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. Please help me. As you remember from my previous post titled "How to cancel ink purge on T2500"

I have manage to get out of the ink purge by a miracle. Long story short bought a new carriage pca as you requested. Boss made a mistake by not switching the power off while inserting the carriage pca. It would not properly start after inserting. Error. It had Burn off the Engine pca, trailling cable and the new carriage pca while inserting the new carriage pca. Bought a new engine pca and trailling cable. Inserted them and use the old carriage pca. The new carriage pca gave us an error about engine pca. The old carriage pca gave us a error about the trailling cable. Run Diagnostic and told us the new engine pca was good. That is how i knew the engine pca and trailing cable was no good. Now then it Boot normal but still in the ink purge process. Put the new bought ph and ink worked half way. And failed in the middle of the purge asking reseat ph. After many trying of different ph it suddendly cancelled its self on its own. And finally we got back to the main menu. Am able to scan now.

Anyway my boss bought a new printer (t920) durring that time the t2500 didnt worked. The new printer t920 worked for a year. Then it gave us reseat problem same as t2500. My boss purchase new ink and printer head to put in the T920. same thing as the t2500. Reseat or failed to complete. Both same problem. Sometimes the t2500 it will work after many trying. It had work for a day or less. Now we have 2 printer of the same problem. Run diagnostic everything looked ok on both printer. New ink or ph does not help. Everything is genuine. Thinking about buying another new carriage pca. But i doubt that the problem. It would mean that both have the same problem of carriage pca. Talk about coincidence. I have about 6 ph. No luck.  Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I recommend you not to change the carriage box pca boards, because those tiny thin cables easy to remove & very hard

insert back securely , myself messed up 2 already & at the end bought the complete brand new Z3100 carriage box.

There might be air inside inktube, use a syringe to draw out ink till solid ink.

Few times, I used more than 2 brand printheads on my Z3100 44", same prompt me X  to replace printhead,

even printer did not check new printhead & right back to prompt me to replace printhead...

I shutted off printer & finally one time printer made sounds & checked printheads & prompt me to load paper

to align printheads.... then successed.

Be patience & try my hints.

HP Recommended

Dear ,

As per my experience this two model have similar issues, When my first attempt for the issue It was mentioned Reaseat Print Head, Suspected the PH damag  and ask to the customer replace the PH. They replace the same message. Then we replace the Carriage PCB, plotter work perfectly with old and new PH. 

The similar cases we faced after but we suceed,  with this time, from my knowledge if the Error REASEAT PH, need to replace the CARRIAGE PCB. Other wise replace PH we can replace with new PH. Also when we try to change the new PH all the INK QUANTITY SHOULD be morethan 50% . Other wise PH replacement process will fail.

try this hints it will usefull for your problem, You need to confirm which PH was mentioned reseat and Replace. Should be more and patience for this complaint.

Best of luck.

HP Recommended

Hi. Many thanks for replying. I thought about air in the tube before and mention it in my previous post about "how to cancel ink purge". Both printer have air in the tube. My conclusion was that. My gut told me it was that. Even told my boss could be air in the tube. They didnt sound convince. Thats one of the reason i did the ink purge way back. Thinking the air will go out. Which the ink purge didnt work. I also thought about syringe back then. Since am not an expert i didnt try. Didnt want to take the risk. It was one of my crazy idea back then. lol. Anyway will try using the syringe. You mean use syringe at tube connection? Right? If it does not work i guess i have no choice but to buy a new carriage pca for both printers. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Very simple to use syringe. use the replace printhead option & get the carriage box moved to left.

myself unplug the power cord first.  then open the cover & the problem printhead...carefully insert needle of

syringe into the center nozzle  (  silver top )   & slowly draw out ink...  most likely you will see bubbles... stop

till solid ink.   clean the silver top... also clean the contact..

Now whenever I repair old DJ500, DJ800, Z2100, Z3100, Z3200 & I do this steps for all inktubes first ...

I might save headaches later.

Do it at your own risk... I won't be responsible if something go worng....hehe

Please other experts reply with your own experience & I would appreciate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.