Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hpz6200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just installed new belt for hpz6200 40", follow the manual, i have to reset life counter. but  i can't see the reset life counter in service utilities menu. My printer always make 87:01 error

So, what can i do now, please help me, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here's a link to the page in the service manual that describes the 87:01 error code:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/835587/Hp-Designjet-Z6200.html?page=432

Looks like it might be a dirty encoder.

When you changed the belt, did you make sure the encoder strip is running the correct path inside the carriage?  Sometimes it accidently gets left outside the carriage and is unreadable, causing the code to appear.

The rest of the manual can be accessed from the above link.

Let us know what you find.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply,
The error not fix yet. It's not from the belt
Because I'm just replace new belt, a product from HP Singapore, i buy it in ebay (ebay: 145usd with 10days shipping time/ HP vietnam center: 250 usd and 20 days waiting)
When I turn on my printer, it made scan axis, the carriage move a little and stop. It comment manually move carriage... and then the error code appear 87:10 It mean the encoder sensor have a problem.
I'm not sure it's the last error.
My problem is in my place (a litte province in Vietnam) It very difficult to buy some part for Hp z6200, and I always order on ebay. we have to wait 20 days to get it from the foreign seller.
So, I realy want to know where's buy the part for Hp z6200 near here: Thailand, Taiwan, Hongkong or Singapore,..(except in HP Vietnam of course)
Thanks and sorry about my english

HP Recommended

Did you check to see that the silver encoder strip is running in its' proper place in the carriage?  It's easy when reassembling to get the encoder strip misplaced.  Check the pictures in the manual to be sure.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
Thanks.
Yes, the encoder trip is clear and in proper place. I think the error from the sensor, isn't it?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.