Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DJ7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No way to scan to Computer or E-mai with HP DJ 7612. Print & Scan Doctor does not complete setting. We use only USB stick to collect scans.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Miloud

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Are you able to scan via USB flash drive?
  • Have you made any software changes?
  • Are you able to print from this printer?

While you respond to that, let's try this workaround:

• First, to close your other instance of the Print and Scan Doctor:
  • Close all other programs you have open.
  • Press Ctrl, Alt, and Del on your keyboard at the same time.
  • Click on Start Task Manager.
  • Click on the Applications tab.
  • Click on the Print and Scan Doctor listed.
  • Click on End Task.

If you are still unable to open the Print and Scan Doctor, click on the Processes tab and do the same with anything that has HP in the name.
This should allow you to run the Print and Scan Doctor and resolve your issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try uninstalling the print and scan doctor from your PC and install the latest version of print and scan doctor and check if it helps.

Install the latest version of PSDR 5.0.2 using this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP DJ7612 has Serial [Personal Information Removed] and Product Number: G1X85A

Never performed an update. Scanning to USB flah drive is the only methos we use.

Never made software change.

Printing from computer is possible using WiFi or USB cable.

Shutting computer and removing PSDR does give any improvement, still no way to install the program.

Still no way to scan to a computer or to e-mail.

HP Recommended

@Miloud

Let's try this: Attach a scan to an email using the printer control panel or the HP Scan.

1. Confirm the following requirements for the scan to email feature. If you do not meet these requirements, manually attach the file to your email message.

• In most cases, scan to email works only when a local email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird, is installed and set up on the computer.

• Web-based email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail) must be configured through your local email client to scan to them.

2. Start the scan.

• Printers with touchscreen or LCD menu control panels

From the Scan menu, select your computer name, and then select Email as PDF.

Some Web-enabled HP printers have a Scan to Email app in the Apps menu. The app sends emails directly from the printer using your printer's ePrint email address.

• Printers with buttons only or printers without scan to email menu options

Continue with these steps to start the scan from the computer.

3. Search Windows for HP, and then select your printer.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

4. Click Scan, and then click Scan a Document or Photo.

HP Scan opens.

5. Select an email shortcut, such as Document to Email or Email as JPEG, and then click Scan.

The scan preview opens.

6. Click Send.

A new email message automatically opens with the scan attached. Click here for more information on How to Scan from the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.