Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Scanjet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a ScanJet Pro 7740 last year and have loved it.  Needed both wide print format and larger scanner bed.  Over Christmas I built a new PC which finally forced me to upgrade to Windows 10 (from 7). Evidently the Window 10 drivers for this device are seriously lacking.  I can no longer scan large items.  It appears to limit what can be scanned to 8.5" x 14" even though the scan bed is 11" x 19". Drivers also do not support high resolution scanning (300 dpi is it).  I'm hoping someone can show me that I am wrong, otherwise I cannot retire my old computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The top ADF supports up to US Legal and up to 300 dpi.

Change the Source to Flatbed Glass within the HP Scan software, then higher resolutions and sizes become available.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The top ADF supports up to US Legal and up to 300 dpi.

Change the Source to Flatbed Glass within the HP Scan software, then higher resolutions and sizes become available.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.