Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I recently got a used Designjet Z2100 44" and would like to run it via USB. The USB driver could not be installed via the current HP software. First I had to install the driver "to file" and later assign the USB port: 001 manually. OK, that still worked.
But how do I get the printer to profile the paper to get ICC profiles? (not calibrate).
The software "HP Color Center" does not seem to exist anymore, or does not run under Windows 10.
If possible, I do not want to run the printer over a network.
Thanks for helpful hints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Prucker 

Using the printer with usb has limitations so my suggestion is to plug the printer to a network so you can profile the paper from the embedded web server, I understand you don't want to plug it in that way however usb won't provide you any options to profile the paper.

The HP Color Center was discontinued some years ago.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Prucker 

Using the printer with usb has limitations so my suggestion is to plug the printer to a network so you can profile the paper from the embedded web server, I understand you don't want to plug it in that way however usb won't provide you any options to profile the paper.

The HP Color Center was discontinued some years ago.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Ok, thank you very much. I will try it with the network for now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.