Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T830 Designjet 24"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to confirm the correct part number / description in order to obtain a spare 24" spindle for my Designjet T830 24" (Product F9A28A).   The HP Datasheet (Published in EMEA November 2017) states the spindle part number is B3Q36A, and makes reference to the T120/T520.

However, images of the spindle for a T120/T520 shown by suppliers are definitely not the same as my spindle.  Specifically, the right-hand gearing is quite different and more detailed/ridged on the T830.

I have attached photos of the left and right hand spindle carriers, showing the gearing.   For information my printer has a manufactured date of Jul 18, 2017.

If anyone can clarify, I would be most grateful.

Thank you

Ian.

T830 24" Spindle - LeftT830 24" Spindle - LeftT830 24" Spindle - RightT830 24" Spindle - Right

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I received a new spindle today direct from HP.   The full part number given on my invoice is: CQ890-67043 8443999000.

I  have no idea why the part number reference given in product literature suggests it is B3Q36A, but this information appears misleading.

If it helps anyone here, the description given on the invoice is: AmpXL 24 Spindle module SV CN P.R.C. 1

HP price including VAT and shipping was £77.71.

Just need to design a handly little hanger under the printer to store the second spindle!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I received a new spindle today direct from HP.   The full part number given on my invoice is: CQ890-67043 8443999000.

I  have no idea why the part number reference given in product literature suggests it is B3Q36A, but this information appears misleading.

If it helps anyone here, the description given on the invoice is: AmpXL 24 Spindle module SV CN P.R.C. 1

HP price including VAT and shipping was £77.71.

Just need to design a handly little hanger under the printer to store the second spindle!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.