Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T-120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm new to all this so please be patient.

I created a document size 24" x 36" PDF.

When I send it to the printer I get an error message saying that the item is too large.

I have attemped change the printer to print "landscape" but it doesn't work.

What do I need to do differently?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

before you press   print            go to print property .... use   custom option.... change media width   24"    high   36"
in portrait mode...give a name & save the setting..   you can also set the print quality.

press enter  to return to print screen...    press      scale to fit     ( you won't get too large error )

make sure image lign up properly in preview... if not right....  you did not define   the size right.... go back & check.

if all fine & press      print...

If you ever need to print different sizes... do the same & save....

if you always print 24x36 & simply go to printer property...   print preference   & do the steps above....

apply........   this will be default size..

Experiment more & get more familiar with your printer...

HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

At first update the latest firmware through HP DesignJet Printer Utility.

Driver and Firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t120-printer/5263073

N.B: Firmware Rev. depands on your printer last digit on Part Number like: CQ890A/B/C

Once complete the firmware update, then try to settings like below (Just change the Paper Size):

a.jpg1st Partb.jpg2nd Part

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended
No matter how I try to print a Tabloid size from the sheet feeder, it always rotates it and clips the print. I have tried (from Adobe Acrobat XI) rotating pages from the printer menu rotating pages from Acrobat itself, using Auto portrait/landscape mode. The results are always clipped. At the same time, for some reason it always gives you a paper size error on the printer's display and on the HP Designjet Utility alert window in the computer. The width doesn't fit into the paper, but I am printing "to Fit" from the Acrobat and/or from the printer settings. In the HP DesignJet Utility reads Multisheet tray - Ready - Plain Paper - 279mm. I can not change this width setting. I have installed the latest firmware for the printer: amperexl_plus_pr_APP2CN1829BR_secure_signed_rbx.ful I did all the previous suggestions already. Thanks,
HP Recommended

Please give me design sample copy in here....so that I can understood about your requirements.

Regards/Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.