Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T2300
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought a T2300 second hand with the dreaded 08:11 error with LED 1 on, 2 & 3 off. This indicates a bad formatter.

The seller says that everything worked fine until he updated the firmware, then it got the error stated. He replaced the formatter using the existing hard drive, and has the same LED indication. 

What else could it be?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hard drive.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Even if the LEDs don’t indicate that the hard drive is bad?

HP Recommended

This error has been discussed on the forum and on google, the HDD is a 99% problem. You need to replace it with a new HDD for that printer model that already has firmware on it you can find them cheap on eBay, you can't install any HDD.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

If it was a bad hard drive, wouldn’t the first LED be blinking? Has replacing the hard drive ever fixed the issue with this LED combination?

HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

Turns out that both formatters were bad. I bought a third one and everything worked.

Note, that if you get an 08:04.1 error after this, make sure you download the latest firmware. I was trying to get an earlier version of it installed and it wouldn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.