Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My T2500 keeps saying that it needs either printhead replacement or it says the printhead needs to be reseated. I have done both and installed a brand new printhead and it still says the same thing. I have gone through this at least a dozen times today with no luck. So i'm dead in the water with not being able to print. Anyone gone through this  with  a better outcome? I've even tried updating the firmware a instructed once before (it worked the last time this came up but not this time)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

I had the same issue with the T2500 but it is resolved now.

please check any expired inks. if you are using expire inks that may cause tubes to get jammed. 

checklist:

1. firmware up to date (MRY_07_06_01.1)

2. inks are not expired

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions. However....all of the ink was just changed about 3 weeks ago, so all of the ink is in date.......I did do a firmware update ( this worked one time before this because this isn't the first time) and this time it didn't make any difference. I did a live chat with HP and they had me unplugging the plotter and resetting LEDs that this plotter does not even have.....so that was a bust. So, now im waiting for the dealer that i bought the plotter from to return my call for a service call.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.