Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

T2500 said needed head replaced.  Replaced head, goes through all the motions then exits with replacement not completed.   Tried a second head in case 1st was bad.  Same result.  Ran tests on Electronics Module, carriage, service station, and Ink Supply station.  ALL test good.  Replaced board in carriage.  Same results, replaced all the inks so they are full, same results.  Tried a THIRD printhead just in case the carriage board was bad and somehow damaged the other two print heads.  

It goes through all the motions: checking head, filling the head, completes everything up to the point where it is readying the print system.  It goes to 5% for a bit, then just jumps to 100%.  After a couple of seconds gives me the error replacement not completed and starts to replace head again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

On some models there is an issue with the waste ink receptacle on the left hand side of the carriage. The foam ink absorber sits up to high this causes ink build up and results in printhead rejection.  The notice does not list this model but it is something to check.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you.  I was wondering about that as it is pretty dirty.  In calling HP about it they seemed concerned about the primer assembly.  I've ordered one and will be replacing it when it arrives.  If that doesn't change it I will consider the service station.  Problem is EVERYTHING tests good.....

HP Recommended

Hello @DChick 

At this point don't replace more printheads and get the original carriage pca reinstall and from the embedded web server of the printer get the All pages(go to support then click in service support then click in display printer information) look for 02.1:10 errors if not found ten check the warnings for 27.xx.xx and 93.xx.xx if there are then call HP next to the printer with all the printheads and provide the all pages, if these are showing up the printer will need service but depending in which 27 warning shows up HP can let you know what parts are causing the issue, if you are willing to complete the whole diagnostics it might take more than 1-2 hours.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.