Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp T530 36” plotter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the longest length of plotter paper the 36” plotter can support, is it just 150’ rolls or can it fit 300’ rolls?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It depends on the paper thickness.  There's 90gsm at the thinnest end and 300+gsm for thicker paper. Go to a supplier and measure diameter for different products and compare with your printer.

HP Recommended

I don't need specialty paper and the 90gsm is kind of expensive for my need.  I am printing out blueprints so my guys can use them in the field.  I was looking at the 20lb paper and wondering is a 300' roll would fit. 

HP Recommended

The roll core has a plastic push in fitting at each end. You will have trouble getting anything with a bigger diameter than them. One is black, the other end is blue. looking at the setup you might squeeze about another 5cm in.

Why not do what we do - bigger rolls are cheaper per meter so we order large rolls and unwind the excess off onto a another core.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.