Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T830

We are considering purchasing a T830 24" wide format Printer, Scanner, Copier, but I am looking to confirm it will print from AutoCAD and from PDF.  We use AutoCAD for drawings, and need to be able to print from AutoCAD directly, as well as print from PDF (up to D size prints).  

Looking for confirmation the T830 can print from these two programs.  Any confirmation or insight is appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I know that PDFs are no problem and are the preferred format these days. Not sure about direct from Autocad. Have you checked with Autodesk with that question, because it may be version dependant.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

What operating system are you using?  The T830 is no longer compatible with newer Mac OS.  Only compatible with 10.8 - 10.13.  You can probably still get it to print but it won't let you do certain things like rotate the drawing.

Yes, AutoCAD is a good source for printer info.  They even have some drivers you can download, mostly for Windows OS.  The Windows 10 driver really sucks, only giving you some basic features so you'll want to try to download the HP driver instead.  If you're loading this on a server, your options are pretty limited, depending on how good your IT guy is.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the responses. 

We're using Windows 10.  HP was able to help me out after a while - the user manual does outline Printing from AutoCAD under the Practical Printing Examples section - although it wasn't completely straightforward how to print it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.