Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

"print head appears to be missing not detected or incorrectly installed" message shows in my designjet t830.

Already changed print head with a new one. Also upgraded the firmware.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check for ink spills on contact on the printhead carriage unit.

HP Recommended

I haven't replace the printhead for almost 4 years now since I bought my unit T830.  Printhead appears to be missing, not installed properly. If I need to replace I want to know where to buy online. I have a trust issue with aunthentic products online, please advise. Thank you.

HP Recommended

You may want to try to reseat the printhead before buying a new one.  If you've already tried that and had no luck, I purchased one from Japan on Ebay from this seller:  https://www.ebay.com/usr/dj_thousand_store.  If the link doesn't work, do a search on Ebay for "Designjet T830 printhead" and it should be there.  Sellers name was "dj thousand".

It took some time to get it but it came complete and worked fine.  Came with ink cartridges  to be sure you have enough ink to get through the setup process.  (If your cartridges are low it won't complete the setup.)

If you don't want to buy from an overseas seller (understandable) you can buy directly from HP Direct or from an HP vendor.  The price is significantly higher but you'll have a warranty if there's a problem.  

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

HP DJ T830MFP. Giving print head error - missing or incorrectly installed. Replaced the printhead, no fix. Replaced the carriage assembly and still with the same problem. Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.