Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why is print preview always asking to be updated? What changes in a print preview screen that it is updated 2 or 3 times a year. It is so frustrating to have to uninstall and re-install the drivers all the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeffmars99,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Print preview updates typically occur when there are changes or improvements made to the printer software, drivers, or compatibility with operating system updates. These updates may include bug fixes, enhancements to the user interface, or optimizations for better performance.

Some of the reasons why print preview may need to be updated periodically include.

• Operating system updates: Changes in operating systems like Windows or macOS may require corresponding updates to printer drivers and software to ensure compatibility and functionality.
  • Bug fixes: If users have reported issues with the print preview feature, updates may be released to address these bugs and improve stability.
  • Performance improvements: Updates may include optimizations to improve the speed or efficiency of the print preview feature.
  • New features: Developers may introduce new features or enhancements to the print preview functionality based on user feedback or technological advancements.
  • Security patches: Updates may also include security patches to address vulnerabilities and protect against potential threats.

It's understandable that frequent updates can be frustrating, especially if they require reinstalling drivers or software. However, keeping your printer software up to date is important for ensuring smooth operation, compatibility with other software and devices, and security. You may want to check if there's an option to enable automatic updates for your printer software to streamline the process and reduce the need for manual intervention.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeffmars99,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Print preview updates typically occur when there are changes or improvements made to the printer software, drivers, or compatibility with operating system updates. These updates may include bug fixes, enhancements to the user interface, or optimizations for better performance.

Some of the reasons why print preview may need to be updated periodically include.

• Operating system updates: Changes in operating systems like Windows or macOS may require corresponding updates to printer drivers and software to ensure compatibility and functionality.
  • Bug fixes: If users have reported issues with the print preview feature, updates may be released to address these bugs and improve stability.
  • Performance improvements: Updates may include optimizations to improve the speed or efficiency of the print preview feature.
  • New features: Developers may introduce new features or enhancements to the print preview functionality based on user feedback or technological advancements.
  • Security patches: Updates may also include security patches to address vulnerabilities and protect against potential threats.

It's understandable that frequent updates can be frustrating, especially if they require reinstalling drivers or software. However, keeping your printer software up to date is important for ensuring smooth operation, compatibility with other software and devices, and security. You may want to check if there's an option to enable automatic updates for your printer software to streamline the process and reduce the need for manual intervention.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.