Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 110 Plus nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Is anybody else unable to print to their Designjet printer following the latest Windows 10 update? When we try to print any document (from any software) we get the following messages:

The operation could not be completed - Error 0x0000007f
An error occurred while printing.

We have tried uninstalling the printer & driver and re-installing again, but still have the same issue. We have reverted back to the previous Windows 10 update, but again, we are still getting the same messages.

The printer is plugged in via a USB cable and is not working on all computers in the office.

Are there any new drivers to download and install? Any help would be much appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I've read of this same problem recently with the last Win10 update being the culprit.  Can you use the "restore" feature on Win10 to go back a couple weeks or to a date when the printer actually worked ok?  I've been reading about a lot of users having trouble, especially with the Designjet 500 series printers after the latest win10 update.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue... Have tried to uninstall and reinstall... get the same error when i try to print from Adobe... "This Document cannot be printed"... and otherwise test printing or anything else just doesn't even show up in the spooling.   Really could use a fix on this one!!!

HP Recommended

According to the HP website, this printer isn't supported ad doesn't have a recommended driver to install (at present!) 😞

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04658195 

HP Recommended

That's true.  If you're looking for a Win10 driver I don't think there is one.  But many users have had good luck using the Win7, Vista or even the XP driver.

Have you tried rolling back the Win10 update?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Stopped working with a Windows update. Go back or look for fixes to Windows 10 updates

HP Recommended

The driver is available from Microsoft, when installing the printer via the "Add Printer" feature be sure to click on "Update" if you don't see the driver in your cab files, after the driver files update, takes a few m minutes, you will have all the Designjet drivers.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. It only happened since last update and reverting back doesn't seem to help now

HP Recommended

Same issue here.

Has anyone been able to identify which update may have caused the issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.