Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T790 24-in Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot get my T790 DesignJet 24 in to load any roll of paper without getting a 78:1:04 error Wrong Paper File, not sure what the issue is that causes this as all paper settings match paper type which is HP Bright white ink Jet paper roll.

Any assistance out there for this issue greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

From the service manual:

Valsimot_0-1727287822847.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Valsimot -

Have disconnected the power multiple times and it has not helped, downloaded the latest firmware without resolution to the problem - removed entire software/drives etc. and reloaded but continue to get the same error - appreciate the response, if you know of any other options/solutions please let me know -

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.