Did you mean: 
chrisonline209
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z2100 will not initialize

HP Recommended
Z2100

Somebody gave me a z 2100. When I tried to turn it on initially I found that the service station would not move and so I remove the right cover and found that the blue handle for the inkjet cartridges cover had broken and there is bits and pieces everywhere and so I remove them. Then when I went to initialize it I had a code that told me that the star wheel motor was bad and so I replaced it. Now it will not initialize and is throwing a code 08:11. My plan is to remove the left cover again and recheck all of my connections. However right now I'm on my way down to get a new battery for the poor matter because mine was only reading 2.8 volts. I am also wondering because this printer sat for an unknown. Of time which might have been years if my inkhead injectors might be clogged. I did clean the printheads however not the unit where they sit on to. I imagine that unit has tubes and they probably are clogged to. I'm also wondering because I changed the star wheel motor if I need to go into the service mode and do a special procedure right off the bat before I try to go through full initiation. Please advise. Obviously I'm not a technician however I did download the manual and I am doing my best

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation