Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z2100

Somebody gave me a z 2100. When I tried to turn it on initially I found that the service station would not move and so I remove the right cover and found that the blue handle for the inkjet cartridges cover had broken and there is bits and pieces everywhere and so I remove them. Then when I went to initialize it I had a code that told me that the star wheel motor was bad and so I replaced it. Now it will not initialize and is throwing a code 08:11. My plan is to remove the left cover again and recheck all of my connections. However right now I'm on my way down to get a new battery for the poor matter because mine was only reading 2.8 volts. I am also wondering because this printer sat for an unknown. Of time which might have been years if my inkhead injectors might be clogged. I did clean the printheads however not the unit where they sit on to. I imagine that unit has tubes and they probably are clogged to. I'm also wondering because I changed the star wheel motor if I need to go into the service mode and do a special procedure right off the bat before I try to go through full initiation. Please advise. Obviously I'm not a technician however I did download the manual and I am doing my best

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

needs to replace the hard disk as it is an encrypted hard disk  need to buy a new one you can try to remove the formatter and check the connection of the hard disk , remove it and reinstall the hard disk and replace the cr2032 battery and fix the date in the service mode ...    hard disk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDD-SATA-Fit-for-HP-Designjet-Z2100-PS-Q6675-67033-Q6675-60121-Hard-Disk-Dr...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.