Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 5500 42"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i am having banding issues manly with pink colours my printheads are all brand new and i am trying to recalibrate the machine but when i go to the front panel i am trying to get to "At the printer's front panel, choose the icon, then Utilities >
Calibrations > Banding > Recalibrate.

there is no"banding" section, after utilities>calibration there is only printhead allignment and accuracy of both of the latter i have tried, the only thing that works seems to be when i select print in high quality rather than production mode. i hane also cleaned the lense and platen.

Thanks in advance for any help .

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can you print something scan and post here so we can see than banding ?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

hi, i have put an image of the problem.20190507_210517.jpg

HP Recommended

Have you peformed paper advance calibration for the paper you are using? I fyou recently changed paper vendors you will need to so that, however based on the sample it looks more like a head alignment issue than feed issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

hi, i have been using this media for a while now and there is no option for paper advance calibration or >banding>calibrate (maybe i have done this before in the past for this media type and it doesnt show anymore) it only seems to show up on tne pink range of colours, like i said they are all brand new printheads , but i will say one thing (not sure if it will help) but my light magenta is very low @7% but have checked the ink tubes and there is no air in them and have also weighed all the printheads and they all weigh the same give or take a gram so the printheads are full of ink.

HP Recommended

If it was a paper advance issue then you would have banding in all colours. If all printheads are new they would have approximately the same weight, very low ink level can cause lover pressure inside the printhead then print quality gets low since you eliminated air in tubes you have printhead or printhead cleaner issue. What are the expiration dates on LM and other ink cartridges?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

hi, the ink cartridges are out of date, but havent had a problem with them so far, i have a new LM cartridge but dont really want to use that untill the other has nearly run out.

HP Recommended

hi, after having a similar problem yesterday i was following the "banding" route and took your advice and did a printhead allignment and this sorted my problems so thankyou for that, i have a slight issue and i am not sure if it is because i have set my margins to minimal as sometimes i get this problem on the edge of the print is seems to only do this randomly and more so on the blue coloured images, after a "recover all printheads" it seems to sort this for a while i will attach an image for you to take a look, thanks again

Regards.20191122_102932.jpg

HP Recommended

Based on a service call yesterday, if printhead alignment and paper advance calibrations have been performed, the next thing to try is printing making sure that you have the driver set for high quality when printing.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.