Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I do not know what to tell you since I do not know what is happening. You can not perform the service station calibration since you can not get past the error. I can not remember if you remove the cleaners or printheads and start the unit does it allow you to get to the setup menu or do you have to have the cleaners and printheads both installed before you can get ot the setup menu. As a last resort you could startup in the special mode by holding the color button on power up and then perform the drop detector test which may or may not make an adjustment of the carriage location.

HP Recommended

yesterday, after going over a lot of this in my head,, I removed the cleaners, pushed tray all the way in, moved carriage in over empty tray and cleaned bottom side of blue light sensor on carriage with a damp cloth. That was pretty dirty and got a lot of ink off of it. Powered up printer and started. it initialized and called for the printhead cleaners "insert". I was able to navigate in panel to replace printheads, enter, carriage moved to left replace position, panel read "printheads ok close window" I closed window. panel read "open right door cover install cleaners" I installed cleaners and closed door cover.

Panel read "checking for cleaners",,, carriage found cleaners, carriage went back in station, cleaners ran into heads and error came up. I opened the cleaner door and the carriage was still shy of cleaners 1/4".

Ralph McGranahan is still working with me, he asked if the carriage sensor was reading through the little oval hole on the left hand side for a mark and it is. He said, in my video, the sensor is not shining down in the drop detector, it is shining a little to the left of the detector.

HP Recommended

I got my designjet 1050 going and with a ready screen!!!!!

I worked on my printer last night with a ton of success. The carriage is going to the correct ready position now without the cleaners running into the heads!!!

I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO SOUND CRAZY TO YOU BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID- - the only way to get the screen to the ready state, the cleaners have to be installed and read without running into the heads. I took all the cleaners out, they are old anyway, I took a hack saw and cut off the highest point of the cleaner walls which is like 3/8 high and they also hold the side wipers. I cut em all off. Installed back in printer and powered on. Printer initialized and cleaners capped with carriage still ¼ short,,, but this time I got a ready screen because the heads didn’t get hit. From there I did a service station calibration again, color to color calibration and accuracy test. After all that , carriage is right on the money over capping position.

I printed out a service configuration with no problem, all looks good on that, drop detector reads ok , service station reads ok.

I printed out a quality test print, that all looked very good. I printed out a 22x17 poster in normal mode on plain bright white paper, the black started dropping out in the last 2 inches of print. After the print I got a “replace black printhead” on screen.

BUT HEY,,,, I’M A HAPPY CAMPER RIGHT NOW. Need to get new cleaners and a black printhead, I can live with that!!!

I guees you can say I have a set of SETUP CLEANERS now,, I will keep those!!!!

Rich

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.