Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all,  I am new here, so if this is in the wrong place or otherwise in error, please forgive me.  I have searched the web and this forum unsuccessfully prior to submitting this. 

I have been experiencing an issue with the printer where the paper width is not being "read" properly.  The plotter  and Windows are both set to english units.  When I queary the plotter to see the installed paper size, it indicates 34" paper.  When I queary the windows printer (Devices and printers) it indicates that the installed paper size is 33.98".  This slight difference appears to be from converting metric to english.  We have workarounds in place, but they are a little tedious and we often waste paper bacause the printer sees that the plot is wider than the installed paper and rotates to complete the print.

I have recently downloaded and installed the current HP printer driver and software.  It did not correct the issue.  

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas about a direction to persue?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Don5263

You are in the right place 🙂

On first reading you are using roll 34" and the windows seems to read wrongly measures. Couple of things:

- load different size roll and check result;

- as Tech specs describe- printing margins are 0,2 in (0,5mm) at all directions - meaning printing image must be 0,4in smaller in width to be printed without rotation, in this case use wider paper roll;

- most printers are using sizes already installed, but not with exact really measured size;

- for some driver reasons - read next link (something similar with your case):

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01525380

Cheers 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.