Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I ran media? path? test. Got 41:10 "fail paper motor"

I assume it is the encoder disk, encoder sensor, or the motor.

I will check for grease/obstruction on the encoder disk.

on startup, after 100%, I hear a click on the left and then 81:01. Probably? in the vicinity of the media drive motor.

If I need to replace the media drive motor, I will need to get the calibration? tool. Don't want to pay a few to several hundred bucks for a new media drive motor to get the tool. I will use a used T1100 24" motor; I assume they are interchangeable.

Thanks for any input. BTW, I have noticed twice including my own experience that this was caused, at least 81:01, by grease on the encoder disk. I hope it is as simple as cleaning the disk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I noticed that the media drive roller was "seized" "stuck", would not turn. But I could not determine exactly why. So I just applied sufficient torque by hand and it started turning, and once turned it seemed to turn with no problem.

All I can think of is that possibly a sizable piece of debris got lodged between the roller and platen. Or one of the bearings was seized and broke lose, but I think it subsequently turned too freely for that to be the case.

The customer had to stand the printer up on end and walk it into his office due to a narrow hallway and doorway. So I am thinking that any piece of debris inside was falling around inside the printer, and one piece got wedged between the media drive roller and platen. But I am not really sure what seized the media drive roller.

Now on to the next problem--system error code 01.1:10. I think I need a replacement main pca. I have tried a different formatter, a different printmech pca (although the manual does not state to replace it, but I tried to do so anyway), a different PSU. But I still get 01.1:10. I don't have a replacement 44" main pca. I'll have to get one.

Wonder if 01.1:10 was caused by a power surge.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

....I see no paper path obstructions--always afterthoughts.

HP Recommended

I noticed that the media drive roller was "seized" "stuck", would not turn. But I could not determine exactly why. So I just applied sufficient torque by hand and it started turning, and once turned it seemed to turn with no problem.

All I can think of is that possibly a sizable piece of debris got lodged between the roller and platen. Or one of the bearings was seized and broke lose, but I think it subsequently turned too freely for that to be the case.

The customer had to stand the printer up on end and walk it into his office due to a narrow hallway and doorway. So I am thinking that any piece of debris inside was falling around inside the printer, and one piece got wedged between the media drive roller and platen. But I am not really sure what seized the media drive roller.

Now on to the next problem--system error code 01.1:10. I think I need a replacement main pca. I have tried a different formatter, a different printmech pca (although the manual does not state to replace it, but I tried to do so anyway), a different PSU. But I still get 01.1:10. I don't have a replacement 44" main pca. I'll have to get one.

Wonder if 01.1:10 was caused by a power surge.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.