Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp design jet t520
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

if I switch my printer it says error 42:10

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

for the error code 42:10 when initializes and printing, it tells there may be a paper or carriage jam, it also refers to a Scan Axis Motor Failure (electrical problem caused by difficulties moving the carriage – too much force needed to move it due to obstructions, high friction or restrictions).

In simple terms, ANY restriction or obstruction preventing the carriage from freely moving will cause the printer to stop working and show any of these errors.
The best and easier way to diagnose the problem is to locate the spot where the carriage stops when the printer shows the error (in case of no real paper jam). Most likely the main possible cause of the issue will be there.
If service onsite is needed, a proper diagnosis of the failing component is indispensable. Even if one component looks like the obvious cause of the problem, it is important to check other Scan Axis components.

This link shows you the detailed steps to clear visible obstruction  Troubleshooting Steps

Above is my suggestion, hope it can helps to solve your problem.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Hello,

System error: 42:10
Problem description: Carriage servo problem
Corrective action:

1. Switch the power off and disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power cord and
power on the printer.
2. go to Support Menu by pressing the Power key continuously for 15 seconds.
3. Go to 2 Diagnostics menu and run 2.1 Carriage Servo diagnostic, see 2.1
Carriage servo.
4. After running this diagnostic if the printer will show error , Then it is hardware issue
please contact hp for part replacement

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.