Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet 110plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Installed refillable ink cartridges with auto reset chips. the small screen on the printer shows black cartridge OK, colored cartridges as empty and flashing.  Downloaded and installed  110plus maintenance files for Win 7 64 bit  from hp support site.  Rebooted. When I go into printer services  and select printer status I get error screen that says "Your file is not found" Multiple uninstall, install reboot. Same frowning icon. How do I get installable copy of correct maintenance utility files and get them to install correctly?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi.

For plotter health use only original cartridge.

Best regard.

HP Recommended

I have had better reliability with good quality after  market printer cartridges. I have had more brand name cartridges fail than generic. I have failed Canon cartridge causing a shut down on my Canon printer right now.

MY problem isn't the cartridges, it is the printer driver and maintenance utilities that is my problem.  Can ou see anything I have done wrong or omitted when I down loaded and istalled these two files from the HP support site. The black cartridge is acknowledged as full and ready to print. If I could even set to print only in black and ignore th colored cartridges I could least int in black. If I could get into the maintenance utilities I might be able to at least get closer to what the error is.  I can try installing the utilities on my XP machine and see if it will install and work there.  Is the chip on hp cartridges resettable if I refill the cartridge?

HP Recommended

It appears that installing the maintenance utilities only installs links that go to online sites apparrently at HP to get access to the maintenance procedures . Those maintenance files must not be available as the installed software can't find them.

Does anyone out there still have the CD that had hard copies of these files and would they be willing to make the files available?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.