Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 5500 42" dye
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i am currently working on a banner of which the custom size is 24" x 133" when i save it as a tiff file and then go to test the print i set the scaling to custom 35 inch width (i have 914mm wide roll loaded into the printer) i tried printing the work and when it starts printing all i get is solid black strips when the image background is white, i have tried same image as a jpeg and printer crashes and gives some error code but upon pressing enter the printer is in a working state again, also tried printing as a bmp file and  printer says receiving file then shortly after "printer ready" is displayed, i am new to designing large work and then trying to print, i am using gimp 2.10.10 and i am setting up templates to the desired scale (e.g. 24"x133") then importing images then scaling them to the desired size, maybe i am doing this whole designing and scaling up all wrong, by the way the end design was just over 1gb in size. any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI ,

Request you to provide the information on the connectivity -- How is the unit connected.

The Size of the FIle is certainly an issue .. Might need to work on reducing the size and Check whether the issue is resolved.

I work For HP
HP Recommended

hi thanks for your help, my printer is connected on a network via a  TP-Link TL-PA4010 Powerline Kit , i usually when designing a banner i just set my dimensions, add the images then save (tiff) and whatever the file size at the end of the project is what it is, i dont know what are the best file types to save as for quality printing (or what file type/s is best for quality prints) i am not sure how to reduce the file size., also i seem to believe the bigger the file size the better quality the print, and i know i am wrong here but just have no idea the best way to produce large quality banners without having hugh file sizes if that makes sense.

thanks again

Terry.

HP Recommended

Hi

Apologies for the late Reply

Since you have already tried the print as bitmap already ,You could try to Export the image to JPG and try to print

You could also try and connect the unit directly to the PC using USB and try to print which should take care of the data loss on network as the file is huge.

I work For HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.