Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T790
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

good morning hp community. I own a hp T790 and I have a problem with the Starwheel group. The cart locks up when it goes to print. I took the group apart and now it works. but I would like to mount it because the print is spotless. could you help me?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You will probably need to replace broken starwheel motor assy ( p/n Q6718-67017) because it moves starwheel assy up and down.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

thank you so much for answering me. an hp technician has already come to replace the motor (eu 250.00), placed on the left. he told me that if you were to repeat the problem it means that it will be the other motor on the right of the printer.

HP Recommended

You will be fine, update the firmware of your printer there was some firmware update regarding starwheel motor it's known the issue. There is no motor on the right side that has something to do with the starwheel (maybe scan axis motor but that doesn't make sense).

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

the firmaware is update. 

now it prints because it is disassembled, but it stains the prints

HP Recommended

So, assemble printer and do some diagnostic test (tech. that replaced the motor know what to do). This will also calibrate the motor's path.

HP Recommended

thanks Jack for participating. the technician replaced the motor but I don't know if he did the calibration. is this calibration a software or hardware procedure?

HP Recommended

Find somewhere HP Designjet T790 T1300 T2300 T5400 service manual pdf

on page: 132 you will find how to enter Diagnostics menus.

In Diagnostics Menus go in Scan Axis Test and than run Star Wheel Lifter test. You will be prompted to press OK couple of times. IF test finishes with OK passed, you are good to go and motor is not an issue. Otherwise you will have error code for further guidance.

NOTE: do this on latest firmware in printer. On older firmwares was issue with Star Wheel Lifter motor (unsyncronised movement with diff. media causing breakage)

HP Recommended

hi jack! I followed your advice, so I downloaded the manual and scanned. at the end of the scan, the machine says "value out of limits 13179. then restarting the printer gives me error 47:01

HP Recommended

The service documentation states that should you get this error that repalcement of the starwheel motor assembly is the recommended first repair step.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.