Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
desighjet z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have replace 2 expired ink cartridges, LM and LC.

I have been able to print pictures, but I am having trouble printing an A3 sheet which is all LC and LM, a graduated background with some text. The sheet prints OK until the last 3 inches when the LC stops and the LM goes striped. I have tried cleaning the print heads and printing test pattern, seems OK, but it prints the sheet as above. I have tried leaving it alone for a week or so, but the print does the same thing again, and again.

I assume the expired ink is partially blocking the system.

What should I do? Should I replace the print head?

Any help much appreciated.

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you are getting 3/4 of a page normal then it is unlikely that you have clogged heads. As well, expired ink is unlikely to damage the printer, in fact you can run expired ink but you are given a warning. I would suggest that you run the print quality test to see how the print heads are before you go about replacing anything.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairatrooper,

After the printer has not been used for a while the head check print is good.

I replaced the expired ink, with about 20mil left, because of this print problem, so it obviously was not the expired ink causing the problem.

It is possible that the ink pressuring mechanism is faulty on those inks?

Ian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.