Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z5200
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello

I am considering purchasing a used Designjet Z5200 and the owner says it needs a carriage assembly or at minimum

a carriage assembly circuit board. I am mechanically inclined and have done some repairs on my 42 inch Designjet 5500.

The Designjet Z5200 does have the ink cartridges and print-heads present.

I have looked at the repair process in the service manual for the Z5200. The owner is only asking 300 for the Z5200.

Would this be a good deal since I will be doing the labor ?

What other problems are normal for the Designjet Z5200 ? Since I don't know how old the belt is

I may go ahead and do a belt replacement while I have the Designjet Z5200 apart

Thanks for any information

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

someone in Gainsvile, Fl has a similar price, with inks & printheads... i wrote to seller already. get it...

HP Recommended

that's the one I am look at but no response in the last 3 days

HP Recommended

buy it.... good deal... I suspected was the belt.... carriage box won't get bad so easy..
I asked if anyone opened it & he said    no..   all intact.... see text below :

No attempt has been made to repair it. We just unplugged it and set it aside, and then listed on eBay for parts only. Pick up Friday is fine, as long as payment has cleared through eBay into my account. Thank you for your interest!

Last year I won a Z3200 44" for $50 on Ebay from Tampa , but when I picked it up  I gave the seller $100...error 21:13 ,

after I opened & released the service station... no error  ( maybe too long no one used & it stucked )

I repaired it & been working since..

haha, I keep watching for good deals on Ebay, Craigslist, offerup all the time...

HP Recommended

I just purchased it and hope the shipping cost wont be more than 200 for shipping from Florida to North Carolina .

I sent a request for total costs for the printer 300 + the shipping

Will be asking shipper to enclose the ink cartridges in Ziploc Bags to reduce the possibility of ink spilling

and making a mess  

HP Recommended

you should ask the shipping before purchase, because shippings are much higher than before... $200 would be ok..

myself live in South Florida  & Gainsville just more than 5  hours drive... Suppose 1 of my amigo was planning to drive to Ocala & I said $50 to pick it up... but he did not go...

good luck.

HP Recommended

I wish I could find someone going from Florida north on interstate 95 as I live just 2 miles from 95 and 158 crossing

HP Recommended

by  craigslist sof South Florida /  share rides , there is a truck twice monthly from Miami to Boston.
send a request .... before I asked from Pa, Ny & he replied say about $300..
Gainsvilr to NC  is not that far......

BIG moving truck from Miami to Boston/NYC and back to Miami (Miami/NYC/Miami)

ride offered

We are professional movers out of south FL and we are going to Boston almost EMPTY to pickup antiques each month and then traveling back to the Miami area. Since we are already going south and north, we can deliver ANYTHING TO or FROM /Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Key Largo/ Naples, NYC, DC, Boston etc than any other movers, and less than renting a UHaul truck. We can accommodate up to a 4 bedroom home going south, and a 3 bedroom apartment/2 bed home coming north. Pets, motorcycles, boxes, antiques, furniture, beds, ALL OK
Veteran owned and operated
100s of online customer reviews
No spam
No passengers.....sorry no room

HP Recommended

I purchased the printer got a discount and got shipping with a liftgate for less than 500.

seller was great to deal with !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.